Storing Cord Tissue with Cells for Life
Why store cord tissue with Cells for Life?
There are three main reasons you should store your cord tissue at Cells for Life:
- We have the best process: We’re the only company using patented, state-of-the-art “TRT” technology, with a superior method to safely store the cord tissue cells that matter most – MSCs
- We’ll prove that your cells will grow: MSCs must be grown before being used in treatment – We are the only bank that provides families with proof that their cells are able to grow.
- We’re a trusted company: Cells for Life has 18 years of experience and will support cord tissue banking with the same exceptional quality standards parents and physicians know and trust.
How is Cord Tissue Stored at Cells for Life?
- Once a cord tissue sample is received in Cells for Life’s lab our technicians remove the epithelial layer (which is the outer layer of the umbilical cord) in a clean room environment.
- The technicians then extract the vessels and surrounding tissue which contain the highest density of MSCs.
- A cryoprotectant is introduced to the cells to protect them from ice formation during freezing and prevents them from being damaged.
- The cells are then slowly frozen to a temperature of -190 degrees Celsius for long term preservation and storage.
Is there more than one way to process & store cord tissue?
- Yes, Cells for life is using patented, state-of-the-art TRT (Tissue Regeneration Therapeutics Inc.) technology, with a superior method to safely isolate and store the cord tissue cells that matter most – un-manipulated MSCs. We feel that this is the only process available that meets Cells for Life’s high quality standards.
- We are the only bank that provides families with proof that their cells are able to grow. In addition to storing cells using the TRT method we will store a portion of the intact cord to ensure all types of cells in the cord tissue are stored in case of future advancement.
- TRT’s technology has gained interest from top Canadian researchers, Canada’s Department of National Defense, and HemaQuebec. TRT has discovered the world’s richest source of the cells.*
- Cells for Life holds the exclusive licensing agreement for this technology in Canada.