Legislation requires all companies to share their privacy policies with all clients. Please note that in keeping with this legislation, if we do not hear otherwise, we can conclude that you have given us your consent.
Personal Information to be Collected
Personal information is defined as data that can be utilized to identify an individual. This information will include but is not restricted to, your name, address, health card number, date of birth, hospital file numbers, CFL registration number, and any financial data including credit card numbers that you supply.
Collecting and Using Information
- CFL will collect personal information only as required for the safe medical and business practices involved in collecting, processing, storing, and releasing your child’s cord blood sample and for the safety and storage of any other samples in our care.
- Collected information will include relevant information without restrictions, such as medical health history of you and your child, medical testing results, birth/delivery information, and cord blood processing/storage data.
- Information may be obtained from, or provided to, your physician(s), medical lab, birth hospital/staff and any physician/medical laboratory or hospital that may be involved in the receipt of your child’s sample at the time of need.
- CFL will obtain your verbal or written consent before collecting information from a third party such as a bank or credit card company. We will protect the personal information that we gather and use it as indicated.
- CFL only collects, uses, and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
- Determining and facilitating your payment of fees
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal information with your physician(s), medical lab, birth hospital and any physician, medical laboratory or hospital that may be involved in the receipt of your child’s sample at the time of need and for the storage of your child’s sample
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you
- Complying with the law
- Notifying you of certain products or services offered by us
- CFL will treat all information with respect and will not sell personal information without your informed, written consent.
- CFL may share your personal information with CFL owners/staff and appointed accounting, legal, and tax advisors as a matter of regular business practice.
- Medical information, medical testing results, and sample processing information may be shared with your physician(s), medical lab, birth hospital/staff if required and any physician/medical laboratory or hospital that may be involved in the collection/processing/storage of your child’s cord blood sample or in the receipt of your child’s sample at the time of need.
- We may provide information in those circumstances where we are required to do so by the federal or provincial government, health regulations, and by other law.
- In any other circumstances, we will share your information only when we have your written consent and will do so only with the intent of protecting your child’s cord blood sample, other samples in our care, or to enhance products and services for the purpose of marketing.
Consent for the use of Information
By completing the registration information form, you consent to our use of your personal information. We may use the information to establish and service you as our client. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent:
- Your voluntary provision of personal information directly to CFL or through a physician, medical lab, or hospital for the purposes of collecting, processing, storing and releasing your child’s cord blood sample and for the safety and storage of other samples in our care
- Your consent solicited by CFL for a specified purpose
- Your consent given through your authorized representatives such as a legal guardian, parent, or holder of a power of attorney.
Protecting Information – Retention and Security
- CFL will protect your information with appropriate safeguards and security measures. We utilize computer systems that restrict access to personal information.
- Our physical premises have security safeguards that assist in the prevention of unauthorized access to our facility.
- CFL restricts access to personal information to those employees and contractors that the management of
- CFL has determined need to know that information in order that CFL may provide services to its clients.
- We have established procedural requirements and trained our staff to be respectful and to comply with this policy.
- We will retain your information only for the time frame that is required for the purposes as explained to you or by other law.
Reviewing Your Personal Information – Accuracy
- CFL endeavors to ensure that any personal information is as accurate, correct, and complete as necessary for CFL to run its operations safely and efficiently. Information contained in inactive or closed files is not actively updated or maintained.
- CFL will allow you to review your information at any time. Annual update forms are provided to you by mail for your review.
- To guard against fraudulent requests for access, CFL will require sufficient information to allow it to confirm the identity of the person making the request before granting access or making corrections.
- We ask you to help us to make every reasonable effort to ensure that we keep your information current. If you believe that your information is incorrect, please contact us by mail, email us at email@example.com , phone us at (905) 472-0060 or fax us at (905) 472 2185 and we will attempt to amend your files as quickly as possible.
Respecting and Responding To Your Privacy Concerns
We require your personal and medical information in order to establish and to maintain ongoing storage of your child’s cord blood sample and to properly provide/ protect the products and services that you have requested.