At Cells for Life, we are committed to protecting your privacy.
Cells for Life maintains a general policy of transparency about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
What Personal Information We Collect and Retain
Personal information is collected and retained by Cells for Life upon using our Services. It is understood that registering for the program requires more detailed information in order for Cells for Life to comply with the laws and the directives, guidelines and policies of Health Canada and other Regulatory and Accreditation bodies applicable to the Services. Some of the information collected and retained may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Contact information, including name, address, phone number and e-mail address; company, occupation.
- Alternate contact information including name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
- Health care provider and birthing hospital details.
- Any other personally identifiable information you will be using as an identifier, such as OHIP name and number.
- Testing analysis data as required to comply with the laws and directives, guidelines and policies of Health Canada and other Regulatory and Accreditation bodies as applicable to the Services.
- Any email or written correspondence associated to the provision of the Services or otherwise.
- Your service usage, billing information and credit card number.
- Any other personally identifiable information required for participation in the Services.
- When you provide us with your personal information, we will inform you as to why we are collecting it.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the Services.
- Ensure correct client and biological material identification for the possible purposes of release of material and transplantation.
- Advise you of any updates or changes to the Services that may be deemed of interest to you.
- Develop and maintain our relationship with you and communicate with you in matters pertaining to the Services.
- Research, develop, manage, protect and improve those Services.
In addition, from time to time, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To detect and protect Cells for Life and third parties against error, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Cells for Life’s policies and contractual obligations.
- To contact you in order to seek your input in understanding your needs, and preferences, through surveys, research and evaluation of the Services.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
Except with your consent, we will not sell, license, trade or rent your personal information to or with third parties.
Cells for Life reserves the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so.
Cells for Life also reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Cells for Life or of any of the business or assets or shares of Cells for Life or a division thereof in order for you to continue to receive the same services from the third party. Such disclosure would be carried out in accordance with all applicable laws.
Knowledge and Consent
Cells for Life COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU ONLY WHEN YOU VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE IT. Typically, we will seek consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information at the time of collection of this information. In certain circumstances, consent may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (for example, when we want to use information for a purpose not previously identified).
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you or continue to provide you with certain aspects of the Services.
We will not, as a condition of the supply of the Services, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being provided.
Use or Disclosure for Marketing, Advertising and Sponsorship Purposes
We may also use (but will not disclose) your personal information to promote and market additional goods, services and special offers from us, our affiliates and sponsors, including by means of direct marketing. To ensure advertisers understand who our subscribers are and what they are interested in, we may provide anonymous general demographic profiles to develop advertising campaigns, however, we will never share any personally identifiable information with our advertisers.
How Cells for Life Protects Your Personal Information
Cells for Life makes all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected from you is protected against loss and unauthorized access. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard-copy form. Access to your personal information is restricted to selected employees or representatives. In addition, Cells for Life employs robust information security techniques to protect personal information against loss and unauthorized access.
Cells for Life employees are subject to contractual confidentiality restrictions when joining the organization and are educated on the importance of privacy and client confidentiality. It is Cells for Life’s policy to give access to personal client information only to those employees who require it to carry out the responsibilities of their jobs. Third parties with designated responsibilities with regards to the delivery of the Services are provided only the minimum of information required to deliver these Services.
Links to Third-Party Websites
When you visit Cells for Life’s website, we may store some data in the event you exit the registration process prematurely so that we may re-establish contact with you.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Cells for Life retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with the laws and the directives, guidelines and policies of Health Canada and other Regulatory and Accreditation bodies applicable to the Services. When that need has ended, your personal information will be removed from our system and destroyed in a manner that ensures your security.
Control of Your Personal Information
At Cells for Life, we want you to be able to maintain control over how we use your personal information. You will always have the option to instruct us not to use your name, e-mail, postal code, etc. beyond providing you with the Service or with information you requested. Additionally, e-mail communications will always include an identification of the sender and where applicable an “Unsubscribe” option. Should you wish to unsubscribe at any time, you may instruct us to immediately do so by clicking on the link.
Access to, Correcting or Updating Your Information
If you request access to your personal information, subject to certain exceptions, Cells for Life will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information. If Cells for Life determines not to provide you access to your personal information, we will provide an explanation.
You can help us maintain the accuracy of your personal information by notifying us of any changes to this information. You may contact Cells for Life in any one of the following ways to request access to or correction or update of your personal information:
Letter Mail: Cells for Life, 1-1620 Tech Ave. Mississauga, ON L4W 5P4
Last Updated: June 27, 2018